BigBelly Solar Powered Trash & Recycling Bins
As part of the Newbold Neighbors Association's goals of cleaner and safer streets, we are launching a campaign to bring Big Belly trash and recycling bins to the area! Through a collaboration with the City of Philadelphia's Streets Department, NNA is reaching out to the community to help support this initiative.
What impact will the BigBelly cans have in our neighborhood?
- Access to trash containers dramatically cuts litter on the streets. Most of the litter in our neighborhood is circulated by the wind from place to place. Some of the litter originates in trash cans, and some is simply discarded in the streets. The BigBelly systems not only look nice — they are entirely enclosed to prevent litter from blowing away.
- The BigBelly Challenge will open the doors for educating kids and the community at large about the benefits of proper trash disposal and recycling.
- The BigBelly Challenge provides an opportunity for everyone to get involved! Whether it's getting the word out, organizing a class, or making a donation, this is something everyone can get behind. The project will bring the community and neighbors of all backgrounds together.
How can I support the project?
- We're asking each interested household to consider a donation of $50 to get the project started. However, any amount will bring us closer to achieving our goal to place the bins throughout the neighborhood. Everyone who makes a donation will get a Newbold Clean & Green sticker for their window to show support of this project.
- Can I give more than $50? Of course! In fact, any amount over $50 can be directed to placing a bin in a specific location of your choice. Stay tuned for a map of the bins!
- Are sponsorship opportunities available? Absolutely! We look forward to partnering with area businesses and individuals who would like to sponsors our bins.
- Are these donations tax-deductible? Yes! Newbold Neighbors Association is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit civic organization. All donations to the group in general or to specific projects like this are tax-deductible. Donation letters will be provided to everyone who supports the project.