Planning is underway for site preparation and demolition of 1700 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19145.
We are committed to keeping our neighbors fully informed throughout this process. To that end, the following actions will be taking place starting Friday, June 27:
- A guard shack will be erected and a security guard will be on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week starting on Friday morning June 27.
- The construction fence will start to be erected around the perimeter of the site on Friday morning, June 27. This should be complete and the site secured by Tuesday afternoon, July 1.
- Construction equipment on site associated with building the fence will consist of: a small drilling rig, construction/delivery trucks.
- Abatement activities are scheduled to start Monday morning, June 30.
- All abatement will be performed in accordance with municipal, state, and federal law.
- The windows and fascia of the Health Center will be removed to facilitate the abatement activities. A temporary plywood exterior wall will be built in front of the existing wall before this occurs.
- Equipment on site associated with abatement activities are: air filtration devices (within building/enclosures), forklift, secured box trailer for loading waste, secured trash dumpster
- Debris will be removed from the site each day.
- At this time, no street parking will be lost by the erection of the fence or the abatement activities.
- The contractors will only park on the worksite.
SEPTA Stop, Subway Entrance and Newspaper Stand
- The SEPTA stop, subway entrance and newspaper stand will remain open.
Immediate questions or concerns regarding the site preparation and abatement will be responded to by:
- Calling: 267-426-6904
- Emailing: CHOPCommunity@email.chop.edu
This is a dedicated email set up for neighbors to communicate with CHOP during this process. We appreciate your feedback, and will continue to communicate further developments as the project moves forward.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia